Metformin immediate release tablet: Dosage of Metformin Hydrochloride must be individualized on the basis of both effectiveness and tolerance, while not exceeding the maximum recommended daily doses.
- Adult: The usual starting dose of Metformin is 500 mg twice a day or 850 mg once a day, given with meals. Dosage increases should be made in increments of 500 mg weekly or 850 mg every 2 weeks, up to a total of 2000 mg per day, given in divided doses. For those patients requiring additional glycemic control, Glucomin may be given to a maximum daily dose of 2550 mg per day. Doses above 2000 mg may be better tolerated given three times a day with meals.
- Children: The usual starting dose of Metformin is 500 mg twice a day, given with meals. Dosage increases should be made in increments of 500 mg weekly up to a maximum of 2000 mg per day, given in divided doses.
Metformin extended release tablet: Swallow Metformin XR tablet whole and never crush, cut or chew.
- Adult: The usual starting dose of Metformin XR is 500 mg once daily with the evening meal. Dose should be increased in increments of 500 mg weekly, up to a maximum of 2000 mg once daily with the evening meal, alternatively increased to 1000 mg twice daily taken with meal. Patient receiving Metformin immediate release tablet may be switched to Metformin extended release tablet up to a maximum recommended daily dose.
- Children: Metformin extended release tablet has not been studied in children.
- Renal impaired patient: Do not use Metformin in patients with eGFR below 30 mL/min/1.73 m2. Asses risk/benefit of counting if eGFR falls below 45 mL/min/1.73 m2.
বিঃদ্রঃ- ডিটেইলস দেখে অর্ডার করার জন্য অনুরোধ রইল। আরও অনুসন্ধানের জন্য Live Chat এ মেসেজ করতে পারবেন। ধন্যবাদ।